UI Frontend Web Developer
Hey! We’re Radical I/O Technology, a software development studio & consultancy that loves to mix interesting tech with doing good in the world. We attract clients and employees who share many of our same values of integrity, honesty, approachability, quality, community, and collaboration.
Ideally you're a UI/Frontend Web Developer who is obsessed with crafting pixel-perfect UIs, and who loves to delight users with the results of your seemingly magical CSS and HTML skills - particularly in crafting delightful animations, transitions and so on, but also for every day user interfaces that people enjoy using.
We'll be hiring someone at the senior or intermediate level, and for a contract or permanent position for the right person.
To become a UI/Frontend Web Developer with Radical I/O, we'd love to see your experience in:
- taking a design and accurately giving it life, with your excellent attention to detail
- beautifully building UIs in CSS and HTML (also be sure to share with us what frameworks you like to use)
- using CSS to create animations and transitions
- being efficient and using development tools effectively to speed up your work
- delighting users with your keen eye, and suggesting ways to make our apps and designs better with users in mind
- understanding responsive web approaches, including both mobile touch user interfaces, keyboard-based touch, and perhaps even mixed reality
Although not required to be successful in applying to this role, if you have these bonus skills and knowledge, please highlight them too:
- Bonus: versed in (or experienced in) UI/UX design principles, and can use various design & prototyping tools.
We also look for people who:
- have used JIRA (or similiar) and agile processes like Scrum or Kanban
- use Git repos as your version control of choice
- write clean code and adhere to effective software design principles
- are continuously learning
- communicate and collaborate well and often
- want to build community and/or make a difference in the world (be sure to include more info about this in the summary section or your cover letter)
THE OTHER STUFF
Local Vancouver, BC applicants are preferred, particularly those who can work in our office at least 50% of the time.
We are actively working towards changing the gender imbalance in the tech industry (see our work with App Camp For Girls), and we highly encourage devs whose identities are under-represented in this field to apply. If you don’t match 100% of the job requirements, but are passionate about what you do and eager to learn, we want to hear from you.
Please only apply if you are authorized to work full-time in Canada for any employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
We offer a flexible and inclusive space to work where we welcome your unique self, including:
- Inviting office in downtown Vancouver at Beatty and Robson, close to all skytrain lines, shopping, restaurants, the seawall, and entertainment.
- Dedicated time to continuously learn, and play with the newest technology like IoT, NFC, iBeacons, and wearables.
- Encouraging participation in professional events, meetups, conferences, and giving back to the community.
- Regular team social events and meals.
- Excellent time off policy and flexibility.
Whether you're very experienced or new to the field, we look beyond cookie-cutter requirements and instead focus on your potential. We hire skilled teammates who are hungry to learn and grow, and who really care about the quality of work they produce. We want you to be proud of working on our team, and we want to feel privileged to know you.