Hey! We’re Radical I/O Technology, a software development lab & consultancy that loves to mix interesting tech with doing good in the world. We attract clients and employees who share many of our same values of integrity, honesty, approachability, quality, community, and collaboration.
Even if we are don't call you in for an interview right away, we often have projects start fairly quickly with new clients, so we will always look through our applicant database first. We'd also love to keep a small roster of people we trust and who we can easily reach out to during these times.
- crafting great UI using HTML and CSS
- developing with mobile responsiveness in mind
- using Git repos as your version control of choice
Bonus/nice to have's (but not required):
- React Native
- fullstack web development on the MEAN/MERN stack
- restful API design & development
- SQL and NoSQL datastores
We also look for people who:
- write clean code, have written unit tests, and who adhere to effective software design principles
- have worked within agile processes like Scrum or Kanban, and used tools like JIRA or similar
- are comfortable working professionally with clients in varying industries
- are continuously learning
- communicate and collaborate well and often
- want to build community and/or make a difference in the world (be sure to include more info about this in the summary section or your cover letter)
THE OTHER STUFF
Local Vancouver, BC applicants are preferred, particularly those who can work in our office at least 50% of the time.
We are actively working towards changing the gender imbalance in the tech industry (see our work with App Camp For Girls), and we highly encourage devs whose identities are under-represented in this field to apply. If you don’t match 100% of the job requirements, but are passionate about what you do and eager to learn, we want to hear from you.
Please only apply if you are authorized to work full-time in Canada for any employer. We welcome applicants on working holiday visas and post-graduate work permits.
We offer a flexible and inclusive space to work where we welcome your unique self, including:
- Inviting office in downtown Vancouver at Beatty and Robson, close to all skytrain lines, shopping, restaurants, the seawall, and entertainment.
- Encouraging participation in professional events, meetups, conferences, and giving back to the community.
- Regular team social events and meals, including unlimited daily drinks and snacks.
- Excellent time off policy and flexibility.
Whether you're very experienced or new to the field, we look beyond cookie-cutter requirements and instead focus on your potential. We hire skilled teammates who are hungry to learn and grow, and who really care about the quality of work they produce. We want you to be proud of working on our team, and we want to feel privileged to know you.