Marketing & Communications Lead
Update Nov 29: Our apologies for the delay; but, we will not be able to review resumes for this role until January 2018. We will be in touch with shortlisted candidates during that month. Thank you for your patience.
Hey! We’re Radical I/O Technology, a software development studio & consultancy that loves to mix interesting tech with doing good in the world. We attract clients and employees who share many of our same values of integrity, honesty, approachability, quality, community, and collaboration.
Starting November 1, 2017, we're on the lookout for a senior or intermediate Marketing & Communications Lead (or Specialist), preferably with experience in the B2B technology/startup sector.
As this is a new role for our company, we'd like to trial it as a 6-12 month full-time contract (35-40 hours/week) that we'd then like to transition to a permanent position for the right person. We're looking for someone who is excited by the challenge to craft the role into something uniquely theirs, while still focusing on our overall company growth and identity objectives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we’re essentially operating like a tech startup, there’s a wide variety of initiatives and tasks to tackle over the next 1-3 years. We see the successful person in this role involved in everything from strategy to execution within any/all of the following activities:
- Setting and executing marketing goals and objectives each quarter in conjunction with the leadership team, plus measuring and reporting on their outcomes; these may include strategies to increase top of the funnel conversion rates and revenue.
- Leading marketing projects, and crafting compelling content, for: sales proposals & responses (RFPs), slide decks, social media, white papers, blogs, our websites, email, advertising, press releases, conference & tradeshow materials, video reels, flyers, and other print and digital collateral as-needed.
- Engaging and managing our various communities in social media and email communications, as well as helping to plan and run related events that keep us all connected and informed.
- Helping to define, grow and document our company's brand, voice, values, writing style, and marketing processes.
- Creating and regularly updating a marketing, promotions and events calendar; includes working closely with design, business development, and delivery team members to ensure marketing & content needs are planned and executed in advance.
- Being aware of trends and current happenings in our market (and related markets), analyzing the competition and identifying ways to attract, retain, and engage clients, partners and employees.
- Proactively reviewing, streamlining and creating new business processes to meet the changing needs and priorities of the company; sharing lessons learned, early wins and best practices.
- Supervising and mentoring: as the company grows (and the role grows with it), there may also be opportunities to oversee and guide interns and co-op students who can take on some social media, community management, and event tasks.
You’ll feel most at home here and succeed in your role with us if you:
- Are an expert communicator; including the ability to tell a story with your impressive skills in researching, collaborating, content writing & copywriting, plus content editing & copyediting.
- Possess strong project management and/or event management skills, including excelling at managing multiple campaigns, projects, and events at once.
- Have excellent organizational skills paired with a strong attention to detail, while still keeping your eye on the big picture.
- Maintain an overall positive, resilient attitude, and are passionate about your work; perhaps you're even curious, creative, and unique.
- Take initiative, are self-sufficient, and can hit the ground running.
- Are continuously learning and eager to build new skills
- Enjoy working with dedicated, good-hearted team members who are out to change the world: from our accepting, inclusive work environment, to our local & global community work, and through to the digital products we build for ourselves and our clients that positively impact others.
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital marketing (any of corporate, growth, or product) and/or communications.
- Preferably 2+ years of that experience is within B2B software, technology, startup, consulting, or SAAS companies.
- Diploma, Degree, or equivalent experience in a marketing, communications, business or other related disciplines.
- Bonus: you can easily create quick visuals with content for posting to social media, so that our designers don't always have to be involved in ad-hoc community management design requirements.
- Bonus: you're comfortable talking in front of small and large groups, including the media.
We'll be prioritizing applicants who can demonstrate the above requirements and experience. However, as we are actively working towards changing the gender (plus other under-represented identities) imbalance in the tech industry (see our work with App Camp For Girls for instance), we highly encourage such individuals to apply even if you don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Did you know? Half our team identify as female, plus half our team members are originally from outside Canada.
Please only apply if you are authorized to work full-time in Canada for any employer.
We offer a flexible and inclusive space to work where we welcome your unique self, including:
- Inviting office in downtown Vancouver at Beatty and Robson, close to all skytrain lines, shopping, restaurants, the seawall, and entertainment.
- Encouraging participation in professional events, meetups, conferences, and giving back to the community.
- Regular team social events and meals, plus unlimited drinks, snacks, coffee & tea.
- Excellent time off policy and flexibility - work/life balance is very important to us.
Whether you're very experienced or new to the field, we look beyond cookie-cutter requirements and instead focus on your potential. We hire skilled teammates who are hungry to learn and grow, and who really care about the quality of work they produce. We want you to be proud of working on our team, and we want to feel privileged to know you.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.