Java Developers (Web Services)
Hey! We’re Radical I/O Technology, a software development studio & consultancy that loves to mix interesting tech with doing good in the world. We attract clients and employees who share many of our same values of integrity, honesty, approachability, quality, community, and collaboration.
We're currently looking for a couple of senior and/or intermediate Java Developers (backend or fullstack) for a 6-12 month fulltime contract that could potentially extend to additional contracts and/or a permanent position for the right people.
As a Java Developer with Radical I/O, you should ideally have some experience in:
- web development using Java web containers and a framework like Spring or Wicket
- restful API design & development, swagger tools, and have a thorough understanding of HTTP
- Apache CXF, SOAP and WS-*, JAX-RS
- web services security models, i.e. OAuth, JWT
- SQL and NoSQL datastores
- interacting with both web and mobile web services clients
- using build tools like Maven or Gradle
- unit and integration testing, testing using selenium and mock objects
- agile processes like Scrum or Kanban. We use Jira.
- using and knowing the value of Git
- Bonus: cloud platforms like Heroku and Amazon
- Bonus: TIBCO experience. ESB experience
- Bonus: You understand enterprise integration patterns and Apache Camel
We also look for people who:
- write clean code and adhere to effective software design principles
- are continuously learning
- communicate and collaborate well and often
- want to build community and/or make a difference in the world (be sure to include more info about this in the summary section or your cover letter)
THE OTHER STUFF
Local Vancouver, BC applicants are preferred, particularly those who can work in our office at least 50% of the time.
We are actively working towards changing the gender imbalance in the tech industry (see our work with App Camp For Girls), and we highly encourage devs whose identities are under-represented in this field to apply. If you don’t match 100% of the job requirements, but are passionate about what you do and eager to learn, we want to hear from you.
Please only apply if you are authorized to work full-time in Canada for any employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
We offer a flexible and inclusive space to work where we welcome your unique self, including:
- Inviting office in downtown Vancouver at Beatty and Robson, close to all skytrain lines, shopping, restaurants, the seawall, and entertainment.
- Dedicated time to continuously learn, and play with the newest technology like IoT, NFC, and iBeacons.
- Encouraging participation in professional events, meetups, conferences, and giving back to the community.
- Regular team social events and meals.
- Excellent time off policy and flexibility.
Whether you're very experienced or new to the field, we look beyond cookie-cutter requirements and instead focus on your potential. We hire skilled teammates who are hungry to learn and grow, and who really care about the quality of work they produce. We want you to be proud of working on our team, and we want to feel privileged to know you.