Technical Lead/Solutions Architect
Update Nov 29: Our apologies for the delay; but, we will not be able to review resumes for this role until January 2018. We will be in touch with shortlisted candidates during that month. Thank you for your patience.
Hey! We’re Radical I/O Technology, a software development studio & consultancy that loves to mix interesting tech with doing good in the world. We attract clients and employees who share many of our same values of integrity, honesty, approachability, quality, community, and collaboration. We're on the lookout for a skilled technologist with strong interpersonal skills who is interested in helping our clients to realize their digital product development goals.
As of November 2017, we are initially looking for someone to lead a large-scale integration, API, and web project with a core team of developers, testers, designers, BA, etc. While our PM will be responsible for the overall business success of the project, this technical lead/solutions architect role will be responsible for the technical success of the project. You'll be making technical approach decisions, documenting architecture and complex solutions, reviewing quality, researching solutions and understanding our client's needs. This will be an initial 6 to 12 month full-time contract, but it could lead to other contracts (or even a permanent position) for the right person based on the success of the project and the continued, sustainable growth of our company.
Should you continue on with the company beyond this initial project, then you would also be involved in other client-facing technical discussions and documentation (during pre-sales and project implementation), including a focus on overall client satisfaction. It important to be a senior technical resource (to discuss & document approaches) to our developers and to our CEO (who is an Enterprise Architect). From time-to-time, jumping in on some complex development tasks to help a project succeed may also be needed.
We work in a highly collaborative, flexible and inclusive environment, so while we are looking for someone with strong experience and opinions, we also appreciate someone who knows how to gently and persuasively win over consensus and buy-in from our team members as well as our clients. We are a small team that is very relationship-focused, and while we work on many enterprise-sized projects, we want to keep our processes lean and nimble in order to get our apps built effectively without much process (or code) bloat. We would welcome your feedback on how we can make our processes even better.
You'll do well in this role if you:
- have solutions architecture experience and/or team lead plus some customer-facing experience in a consulting/agency-type organization;
- are a strategic business thinker that can tie appropriate technical solutions to clients' goals to provide business value;
- love breaking down and communicating complex technical solutions into manageable and understandable pieces;
- enjoy motivating and mobilizing a tech team; and,
- consistently deliver outstanding results.
We also look for people who:
- write clean code and adhere to effective software design principles;
- are continuously learning;
- communicate and collaborate well and often; and,
- want to build community and/or make a difference in the world.
We look beyond cookie-cutter requirements and instead focus on your potential. We hire skilled teammates who are hungry to learn and grow, and who really care about the quality of work they produce. We want you to be proud of working on our team, and we want to feel privileged to know you.
THE OTHER STUFF
Local Vancouver, BC applicants are preferred as this is a highly hands-on role where working in person with our team and clients is very important.
We'll be prioritizing applicants who can demonstrate the above requirements and experience. However, as we are actively working towards changing the gender (plus other under-represented identities) imbalance in the tech industry (see our work with App Camp For Girls for instance), we highly encourage such individuals to apply even if you don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Did you know? Half our team identify as female, plus half our team members are originally from outside Canada.
Please only apply if you are authorized to work full-time in Canada for any employer.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
We offer a flexible and inclusive space to work where we welcome your unique self, including:
- Inviting office in downtown Vancouver at Beatty and Robson, close to all skytrain lines, shopping, restaurants, the seawall, and entertainment.
- Encouraging participation in professional events, meetups, conferences, and giving back to the community.
- Regular team social events and meals, plus unlimited drinks, snacks, coffee & tea.
- Excellent time off policy and flexibility - work/life balance is very important to us.
Whether you're very experienced or new to the field, we look beyond cookie-cutter requirements and instead focus on your potential. We hire skilled teammates who are hungry to learn and grow, and who really care about the quality of work they produce. We want you to be proud of working on our team, and we want to feel privileged to know you.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!